This class will empower participants to invest ethically by discussing the current investment landscape and the available alternatives. Presented by Janice Ashworth: operations manager at the Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-op (OREC). OREC brings Ottawa residents together to invest in local renewable energy projects.
Topics to be Covered:
- Conventional investment portfolios assume continuous fossil fuelled economy, which cannot continue given climate urgency and carbon pricing
- Investment portfolio is an asset that individuals can use for change if they invest in sustainable enterprises
- Future expectations of sustainable investments, trends and insights
- Policy changes expected and their impact on investments
- Investment options, including local options.
This event has limited space. Make sure to register in order to reserve a seat!
How to register:
- By phone: (613-798-8950 ext. 0)
- In person at 411 Dovercourt Ave, Ottawa
Date: Monday, February 23, 2015
Time: 7-9 pm
Location: Dovercourt Community Centre, upstairs in the Studio (411 Dovercourt Ave, Ottawa, ON)